Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thankful Tuesday!

Gift List, continued...

103. Younger brothers, Timothy in my case. I was remiss in mentioning his participation in our get away last weekend. Tim rearranged his beach plans to visit with us at Jerry's. We had dinner, conversation, lots of laughing, and a slumber party. My children are delighted by his antics, and I relish our time together! I Love you, Tim!



104. My Aunt Kathy. We chatted on the phone today. My heart is full with such warm memories. She is a great aunt, a favorite really! I just love spending time with her, talking and laughing and sharing life. I only hope my own nieces and nephews think of me so affectionately.



105. Kid talk. I love some of their mispronunciations. I never correct them, because I know soon enough they will get it right. Some of my current favorites: Maeve asking for some delicious "dress steak" = skirt steak; Maeve and Myles asking to go to "Garamus Park" = Paramus Park; Myles wanting to use his "lan-ter-in" = lantern, in the yard. I think I might just write a post on the phrases for posterity.



106. Rites of passage. Sunday, Grandma, Aunt Lisa, Emma, Maeve, and I went into the City to visit The American Girl Place. Beautiful dolls with every accessory conceivable. Floors of them actually. Clothes, furniture, pets, books about the dolls. Even a hair salon for the girls and dolls. It was so thrilling to watch Maeve and Emma, all a twitter, getting their treasures. Aren't girls fun!







106. Tonight, after dinner, my dad played ball in the yard with Maeve and Myles. My children are blessed to have all their grandparents living in the same town. I love that on a Tuesday night, Papa is available. I didn't have my camera, but the picture is printed on my heart.

107. Eamon's laugh is expanding. Lately, we have been getting not just one "Ha", but two even three in succession. All this sounds like belly laughing to us!

3 comments:

Superhero Mom said...

I just can't help it - I have to comment because I want you to know that I check in every single day! I loved the pictures of Maeve and her American Girl Doll. I have no idea what it would be like to have a little girl. My friend took her daughter and "Emily" her American Girl Doll to a beautiful Tea Room in Mount Dora a month ago and it was a very special time for them too. (I happen to be at the Tea Room on the same day). I miss you Tracy Catherine.

Anonymous said...

your have been redeemed my dear!!!

Anonymous said...

i love you too ... looking forward to "our antics" when we are together in Hilton Head!!!!