Thursday, August 21, 2008

Post Card Series - Volume 3


Look who took the Bubble Gum Cruise this morning! We set sail at 9:30 for what turned out to be a "3 hour tour". It was the final voyage of Greg Russell's kids' boat trip - a chance to see lots of dolphins (check), a haunted light house (check), to have a private concert on the top deck (check) and the impending storm's appearance (check)! We had a windy, wet and wild time.


Good Bye Light House and clearish morning



Windy, windy, did I mention it was Windy!



Greg Russell and the kids!

He is the Jimmy Buffet of Hilton Head.


A pirate ship spotting! Well, a shrimp boat technically.




Concert time





Myles is still trying to sing his song!


The famed haunt - fodder for bad dreams!



Oh my, lets turn this boat around!



Quick!


An afternoon on the porch - watching the rain. And it rained!







All 's well when the day ends on the beach!



Thanks to the rain, I have some time for reading The Shack by W. Young. It presents the trinity to a man who has experienced a great tragedy. Although fiction, I am finding it quite thought provoking and insightful. At one point, the person representing the Holy Spirit is commenting on the beauty of a poisonous flower. She offers it to Mack, the main character, who immediately tries to avoid it. She reminds him that all is safe - she is present. Mack touches it and asks if it would have been dangerous to touch it without her consent. The spirit says absolutely.

This is the part that struck a chord - "If I direct you to touch, that is different. For any created being, autonomy is lunacy. Freedom involves trust and obedience inside a relationship of love. So if you are not hearing my voice, it would be wise to take time to understand the nature of the plant." What comfort, my path - as long as it is ordained for me, is safe. God will not allow me to be harmed, no deadly thing shall poison me, when I am listening closely for his voice and following where He leads. Eamon, my little wildflower, is perfectly suited for me and I for him.


2 comments:

Momma-of-5 said...

Okay...I had to skip the last 2 paragraphs of your post since I'm scheduled to start "The Shack" as soon as Shannon gets it to me. I'll reread this post after I'm done!

By the way, Zoe chose a seat right next to Maeve yesterday! I'm sure that'll last at least...oh...a day!

Superhero Mom said...

We are all reading The Shack here too! How funny - it has made its way through my Women's Bible Study and one of my best friends has just finished so it should be mine turn next. I loved all of your pictures. You are blogging so fast, I can't keep up! As you know school started here in my home (Tropical Storm or not) and so my computer time has decreased dramatically! Love the pictures - keep them coming.