Saturday, August 23, 2008

Post Card Series - Volume 5

Something a little different - a picture-less post card. Just thought I'd shake things up, or maybe I forgot to charge the battery for my camera. Either way, fun was had and pictures in my mind are set to shape new memories.

The sun did indeed shine and we were able to swim in various pools and run around on the beach. I have my first sunburn. Note to self: Irish girls must reapply often when in water for hours!

Finally Papa's dream of fishing with his grandchildren came true. The poles were rented, bait set, and within 3 minutes we heard the first, "Did I catch anything yet?!" Followed two minutes later with, "I'm bored!" At one point, I moved across the pond to another dock. I thought a new location might trick the fish. I look out to see the only fishermen left were Papa, Aunt Erica, and me. I suggested we go for a swim. This scene has already ripened with age, and we are all remembering a great time.

True to form, Myles jumped in most of the day and Maeve collected more shells. There are 4 new crabs living amongst us now. Maeve's Rainbow and the girls' have 3 of their own. We are all under one roof tonight. The crabs are really active and prone to escape. Lord help us!

To watch the kids roam freely on the beach, wind blowing their hair, laughter being raised is surely heaven on earth! I am so thankful for our first week, and looking forward to the next two! Number 113 on my Gift List .

PS - I am currently charging everything!

3 comments:

Momma-of-5 said...

Trace...I know these posts are really meant for Dave and family that isn't down there, but I LOVE IT! Please don't stop just because Dave comes down. How will I have an imaginary vacation then?

Open House was fine. You didn't miss much. Mrs. Slootmaker's younger than Zoe thought she'd be. She's shorter than Zoe thought she'd be...and well...I don't know how to say this politically correctly (is that even a saying?) but she's also not as skinny as Zoe thought she'd be. Zoe's PSYCHED that they now have a bigger "recess area". But I can't say there was a whole heck of a lot of information handed out. YOU MISSED NOTHING.
Hope, Kiandra, Naomi, Maeve, Zoe, the 2 Davids and Ben Parker are all back together. But Zoe didn't recognize any of the other names.

ginny said...

Keep the postcards coming ! We love them - makes me feel I'm still at the beach . Wish I were there with you all - sounds like great fun !!!

Superhero Mom said...

We went to the beach today too. How fun!