Thursday, August 28, 2008

Post Card Series- Volume 9

Alas, David has arrived! They (Uncle Tim, Aunt Colleen, & D) had a smooth trip and were here by lunch. It was a great reunion for the Barclay 5 - we have missed our guy! Jerry and his family have decided to stay just one more day. It will be a full house, but serious fun.


Yesterday, we found sand dollars on the beach. I have not seen these treasures from the sea (a little dramatic) for at least 15 years! Brigit found the first, and then I spotted another washing out with the tide. I nearly fell face first into the surf trying to capture it for Maeve. When victory was achieved I realized I was surrounded by hundreds. It was a scene! The girls filled three large buckets with them. There might be a limit on the number that can be taken off the beach, but ignorance of such rules is bliss!


Also, I thought it was time to publicly admit my desperation to be a southern woman! I just love the way they speak: "y'all", "fixin' to do...", "Please & Thank you". The hats! Really, need I say more. They are chatty and always dressed (hair, make-up, jewels, and the outfit). They just seem to exude an ease that I lack, and a sense of fun that is ever-present. I love the double stairway that leads to their grand homes. And, a landscape that includes palm and old, moss covered trees. They have a deep respect for fried food, barbecue and dessert! Lately, I've taken to speaking with a bit of an accent and am only going by Tracy Catherine ( oh, they use both names, too - really like that!). Just thought, y'all would want to know!

An example of a fun southern tree!

Uncle Jerry stealing away time with Myles.




3 comments:

ginny said...

We're happy you are all together again too ! Hope you ALL (sorry... y'all) have a wonderful time - enjoy the rest of your time in wonderful sunny HH !! We miss you all !

Superhero Mom said...

Oh you are too cute Tracy Catherine! I use both names too! So listen, not that you don't have enough to write, but I wanted you to know that I tagged you on my blog today! Go ahead and check it out! It is a fun way to get people to know a little more about you. All of my readers now will have a link to your blog! (Plus I think that you are a wonderful person and I want everyone to know how much I love you!)

Michelle said...

So I found your blog through Lisa and have been reading silently- I had to comment on this post. I too am not a born and raised Southener and love the "ya'll's" and "fixin' to". The hats and trees and two names are all things we don't really have up north. Anyway it's been neat seeing your beach vaca pictures and sand dollars- how lucky I've yet to find a complete one. I'll end with how I should have beagn this comment: an intro, Hi nice to meet you my name's Michelle and I'm friends with Lisa- our superhero mom.