Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Verdict!

After much thought, prayer, and helpful advice, David and I have decided to let Maeve and Myles go to Disney! They are ecstatic, to say the least. Maeve suggested a date for Daddy and I while they are away. She's still working it, not realizing the deal has been closed. I am thankful that God provided a fun adventure for my M&Ms, at just the right time, allowing David and I to get our new normal officially up and running. Change is on the way!

It would seem that Reality TV is coming to the Barclay 5! Today, I met with the nursing director for a pediatric home care company. The prince is going home, sometime this week, with 16 hours of nursing/per day. Yes, 7 days a week! There are many logistics to address, like where am I putting an overnight nurse. So barring a visit from Extreme Home Makeover, looks like David and I might be sleeping on the pull-out couch.

I felt a real ease after the meeting. We discussed Eamon's long medical history, our family, and my desired hours to be covered. They seem to be very flexible, wanting to accommodate our unique needs. It kinda felt like lifestyles of the rich and famous where I will have a highly skilled nanny! Eamon smiled away, she happened to be quite attractive, my boy is a flirt! Marinna said her nurses will be fighting to get a shift with the prince. He had the charm on big time!

Eamon is doing well. Discharge will probably come early, mid, or late week. Some issues still with what type of respiratory support he will need. Eamon has been using c-pap from 8pm-8am, but has had several apnea episodes. Just something new to discuss during morning rounds. The hospital is quiet on the weekends, with no real progress made until the work week begins on Monday. Funny how we have learned the rhythm of the hospital. I realized today that Eamon has spent, collectively from birth to present, 14 weeks in a hospital setting. I think we are all ready to go home!

PS - We are still believing for "Eamon's Ears", I hear Disney is beautiful in the Fall!

2 comments:

Superhero Mom said...

Oh Disney is beautiful in the fall! We are believing with you...just gives us another excuse to take some time off and enjoy Disney again too! Wow! So much adjusting to be done...we will be praying for the transition for everyone. It was nice "chatting" with you yesterday...I miss you Tracy Catherine!

Scrapronicity said...

I'm ready for you to go home too! Yeah! I thought it was funny how you said, early...mid...or later this week. So, um...sometime this week? You are too funny.

We will all keep believeing Eamons Ears!! Besides, I LOVE DIsney in the fall AND the fireworks are EARLIER because it gets darker earlier!!

Take care Tracy...miss you! :)