Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Praying for Ears

Today brought much of the same.

Eamon is still intubated, they are trialing lower levels of support. Another transfusion was ordered because Eamon's red blood cells were too low. An arterial line was put in his wrist to provide more accurate blood gas readings and continuous blood pressure updates. They are keeping him sedated.

There is lots of talk as to where we might be headed. Eamon's respiratory status has changed, and the need to step-up his support may have been reached. The idea of a trach is officially on the table. David and I have peace moving forward, should that become necessary. There are so many details and possible scenarios being presented. The discussion has been difficult because the raw reality of Eamon's situation needs to be reviewed. We would so appreciate prayer for wisdom.

My simple desire tonight is for Eamon to be able to get his ears, Mickey ears that is! We are scheduled to leave for Disney March 20th! And, I so want the prince to experience the sights and sounds the Magic Kingdom has to offer! So, to that end, I am starting a prayer campaign of sorts. If I knew how to create a "cause" or "group" on Facebook it would be to believe for Eamon's full recovery making this family vacation possible.

Thank you for your love, support, and contagious love for the prince!

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly more than we ask or imagine".... We are believing for ears!

5 comments:

Superhero Mom said...

We are praying big for those Mickey ears!! Thank you for keeping us posted. All my love!

Anonymous said...

David and Tracy,
Believing with you.
Our God is wiser than all the doctors piled end to end.
Trust in Him, He never fails.

Scrapronicity said...

Disney is magical...and so is Eamon. He is always proving his strength and determination. It's funny, last night I was also thinking about your trip and how I hoped it would happen...I still have hope. :)

I'm so glad you posted, you were on my mind all night.

Love to the family...and to you. I'll talk to you soon.

xoxo
Jodi

colleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
colleen said...

Tracy..I am praying alongside of you for Eamon to get his ears!!!
I was thinking this morning of the ladies retreat and your verse in the Desert Song...although we are in the battle right now we stand firm and strong on God's promises and we know that God is our victory and our hope and he is here...I love you all