Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Glimpse...

After a particularly difficult night withdrawing from some serious narcotics, Eamon has found rest. It was decided this morning that a weaning of medication was necessary. Eamon was moved to valium and morphine which will be scaled back over time. C-pap is being utilized for breathing support (on for 4 hours/off for 4 hours). It was painful to watch the prince suffer, so to see him peaceful is a tremendous comfort tonight.

I walked in the room tonight, and as Eamon heard his mama's voice a soft smile appeared. There is no greater gift than to see the prince working his way back. I can hardly wait!

My formal, hands-on training is underway! David and I took a CPR course Tuesday night, and have been given literature on "life with a trach". Today, I worked on suctioning and using an ambu bag. I spent some time helping a dummie clear his secretions. I even suctioned Eamon! The prince was rather patient and cooperative for me.

As we continue into another "new normal", these words reassure me, a somewhat weary traveler feeling a bit "blind".
"And I will lead the blind
in a way that they do not know,
in paths that they have not known
I will guide them.
I will turn the darkness before them into light,
the rough places into level ground." Isaiah 42:16

Please know that the kind words, love for the prince, and mass prayers for our family are sustaining. Thank you for walking with us, xo.

1 comment:

ginny said...

Quite the nurse you are becomming !
Tracy- I am so proud of you and David for the way you have been handling everything that has been thrown at you guys ! Even Eamon has been stronger than we could ever imagine - God surely is giving you the strength you need to get thru this. You are an inspiration and a great example of motherhood ! Hope you both have a restful day !