Thursday, March 5, 2009

Change is Coming

I wrote a lengthy post, but lost it somehow. So here is the much abbreviated version.

Eamon is scheduled for a tracheostomy Friday at 12:30. David and I are at total peace with the decision, even a bit excited. The "trach" will provide an access for suction and various respiratory support. There is a mandatory 7 day post-op stay for recovery, and training to care for it.

We make decisions for Eamon as the need arises, always leaving room for God to miraculously intervene. And He does, even when it's by using the hands of a talented Dr. to intubate at just the right time. "All of Eamon's days were ordained for him before one came to pass."

I was missing the prince today. He is still sedated and connected to lots of wires which makes holding him awkward. To be home, without Eamon, seeing evidence of his life all around, makes his absence so obvious. I am so thankful for 2 years with Eamon, knowing each breathe is a gift because we weren't promised even one.

I alerted the medical staff that Eamon has a date with Mickey on the 20th. The Dr. said, "Now we have a goal...Eamon getting his ears!"

5 comments:

Momma-of-5 said...

Tracy,
I've been praying continuously for you all. And yet somehow, I've missed these blog updates. Thanks for the details...now my prayers can be more detailed! (We know how big God is on the details!)
We love you and are praying for Eamon to get his ears! =) If there is anything we can do...we'd love to! M&M playdate? Would that help or hurt? Really. ANYTHING. What do you need?

Superhero Mom said...

I am at a loss for word. My eyes are wet with tears as I watch your faith in action. I know I always say how proud I am of you, but truly I am. We will be fasting and praying on Friday. Thank you Lord for every breath that Eamon takes. Thank you Lord for a Dr. who can say..."We have a goal....Eamon's Mickey ears! I love it!

Scrapronicity said...

It was so great to see you and Eamon (and Carole of course)...even under these circumstances. Such an amazing and strong little boy. I'm sorry you can't hold him right now, I can only imagine how painful that is. But soon...soon.

I'm looking into starting that group you wanted. I can do that I think!

I will talk to you soon...oh I just spoke with Roxann and she is going to church to light a candle. :) I knew you would like that.

xoxo
Jodi

Barry Family said...

Barclay Family,

We are praying and believing for "Ears for Eamon". We have been praying for Eamon, not knowing what was happening, until today. In fact, I just felt, in my spirit, to check your blog. Just know, that we are standing in the gap for you. Please call if there is anything I can help with or explain regarding his respiratory situation. Critical care is my thing. Get ready for Eamon, Disney... March 20th it is.

Barry Family said...

Barclay Family,

We are praying and believing for "Ears for Eamon". We have been praying for Eamon, not knowing what was happening, until today. In fact, I just felt, in my spirit, to check your blog. Just know, that we are standing in the gap for you. Please call if there is anything I can help with or explain regarding his respiratory situation. Critical care is my thing. Get ready for Eamon, Disney... March 20th it is.