Friday, March 13, 2009

The Reason

Eamon has had a good day! Visitors, smiles, light therapy, and an ease that is characteristic of the prince.

So many people are charmed by our little man, loving him in such a beautiful way. And, many people offer kind and generous words about "how" we manage life with our particular children. I so appreciate that encouragement, but feel a bit overwhelmed by it at the same time. I take one day at a time, often having to remind my heart and head to cooperate. I am incredibly weak, but amazingly that is when He is strong.

We used to sing this song at church. I always loved it, believed the words, but never experienced the depth of it ... until Eamon. What a gift our prince is to me!

"I will bless the Lord forever.
I will trust Him at all times
He has delivered me from all fear
He has set my feet upon a rock
I will not be moved and
I'll say of the Lord
You are my shield
My strength
My portion
Deliverer
My shelter
Strong tower
My very present help in time of need"

1 comment:

Jen said...

Tracy,

This post gave me goosebumps! I love the line "I am incredibly weak, but amazingly that is when He is strong!" I love that!! So beautiful!! What an image of a Father's strength! I too love that song!! Thanks for sharing! Your story is such a blessing to me!

Jen