Sunday, June 1, 2008

What I Know For Sure....

Eamon's surgery (see earlier post for details) is set for Monday, June 16th. There are a few details to be worked out still. I have been feeling a bit anxious, particularly for the anesthesia. So I thought I would remind myself that in a world of uncertainty there are a few things that I do know for sure...

  • God' promise - "Do not be afraid, your prayer has been heard."
  • Peace that defies my understanding - I have lived in that peace since my 20 week ultrasound.
  • Grace that is just the right amount for the day, whatever it should entail.
  • When I am at my weakest, God is at his strongest.
  • There are really only two choices to make - I believe and trust or I don't. I choose to believe!

Gift List (continued from previous post):

16. Morning coffee, well really just coffee at any time!

17. Fridays with Frank ...our pizza night with Frank Sinatra playing for ambience.

18. Big, beautiful roses just blooming out our window.

19. Long, and I do mean "l-o-n-g ", showers.

20. A spa day, the works: mani/pedi, massage, facial and the ever so yummy spa lunch in the Tranquility Room.

No comments: