Saturday, June 28, 2008

Spa Time

A favorite part of my day is Eamon's bath time. It is not just a means to an end, it is about the whole process - it is an activity for my little man. We affectionately refer to it as spa time -a relaxing, warm bath followed by a creamy massage and gentle stretching (actually, sounds like what I could use about now!). And, Eamon has my attention, fully, for its duration. The best part, for me, is that all the wires/tubes come off, and he is free! What a treat to have a "wireless" baby, even if it only lasts 10-20 minutes. Some days, we are quick to get the oxygen back on because he needs the help. Today, however, I was slow to reattach Eamon because he looked and sounded so good. When I did, the monitor screamed 100%! Almost, unheard of even when on oxygen. What joy for David and I, Eamon, too, I'm sure. So, the prince was able to sit upon his small throne (my bed, on a boppi, under his activity gym) without any O2 support for 1.5 hours!

We are seeing improvement, and are so thankful. The surgery was to help prevent any aspirations from below; obvious times like a spit-up were a concern, but the micro-aspirations were as real a threat to Eamon's lungs. Those would be the times we couldn't see that any formula had come up and had been mis-swallowed. Theses aspirations cause respiratory distress, which can be severe and life-threatening. Or, can cause ongoing damage to lungs that are otherwise healthy. Seeing progress, already, confirms for us that Eamon needed this surgery.

For now, I will savor the moments of the day when I can walk all around the house without an entourage of wires and equipment following. Until the day, when Eamon will no longer need them - my prayer is that I will see that day here, in the "land of the living"!


Gift List (continued from previous posts):

50. Freely moving about with Eamon in my arms.

51. Progress - however small.

52. Time alone

53. A husband who doesn't succumb to stress, but busily works with a song in his heart, and on his lips, until what's needed is accomplished. What a great example for me!

54. Keurig coffee delivered. Opening the box to find a variety of coffee to try, one cup at a time, from a friend who just wanted to cheer me up. She knows me well, coffee is the way to my heart!

55. For that matter, my Keurig coffee machine. Coffee, any time, no mess to clean up. I love that!

56. Surprise visits from family who love my boy.

57. My niece, Laurie. She has become such a beautiful young woman - full of warmth, love and compassion. Such joy to spend time with her, and her cute boyfriend!

58. Unconditional Love - first, from my heavenly Father. Then, displayed by my husband for me -it is like he is unaware of my many shortcomings. Next, felt for my 3 babies. They are my heart, and love for them exists regardless of what I receive in return.


4 comments:

Superhero Mom said...

It is so exciting to hear the weightlessness in your words Tracy Catherine! I imagine walking about wireless is such a blessing! Savor all you can! Love to you and your family from me and mine!

ginny said...

It was great to see you and Eamon Today ! You both look fabulous ! Eamon was so funny flirting with Laurie! That boy is just the cutest and we love him (and you all) SO MUCH !!!

Barry Family said...

What wonderful news regarding Eamon's progress. Your day is coming... Eamon's day is coming. Thank you, God. 100%!!!

Lisa said...

Howdy Partners! Well the Bushman's are back from the ranch and after reading our blog today I think I could use one of those spa treatments myself. Praise God! It's always great to hear such good news about our little man. God's healing process continues! Once again I can never get through reading our blog without tears of joy streaming down my face, may God continue to fill your hearts with joy as he has with mine. Love you all!