Sunday, June 15, 2008

Here We Go...

It is Sunday night and a resounding "NO!" has not come. Peace has settled over our decision to go ahead with the surgery. We pray for Eamon's healing every day. We do not get too far ahead of ourselves, taking one day at a time. As Eamon's parents we are charged with protecting him, and so, today Eamon needs this surgery to protect his lungs from an aspiration (fluid, especially stomach acid, into the lungs). David and I have prayed, discussed, consulted, read about, and searched God in order to make this next step. God has answered in many ways - timely words, cleared schedules, great doctors, and lastly a blanket of peace. However, the angst that remains I believe is natural. Eamon is our baby, going in for major surgery requiring potentially days on a respirator. The idea of our little lamb experiencing any form of distress, at moments, feels unbearable. Tonight, as we prepare for what lies ahead, this verse from Zephaniah brings much needed comfort: "He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing." And, I will sleep with these thoughts: "You dance over me while I am unaware. You sing all around, but I never hear the sound. Lord, I'm amazed by you, I am amazed how you love me. How wide, how deep, how great is your love for me."

Please pray, but God is in the details so here is a list of specifics:
  • Eamon has hard to find veins and the I.V. can be difficult be to place
  • That the surgery will be done laproscopicly
  • The doctors will be alert and skilled at wrapping Eamon's esophagus - not too tight or too loose
  • The perfect amount of muscle will be taken for the biopsy and yield useful information
  • The anesthesia team will know just the right time to extubate, and Eamon will breathe stronger than ever
  • The pain will be to a minimum
  • That Eamon will be comforted and cradled by Jesus until his mommy and daddy can hold him

The surgery is at 2:30pm, and I will update as I am able. Thank you, your prayers and love are so much a part of what God has in store for Eamon.

3 comments:

Superhero Mom said...

It is 7:07am and I prayed until late in the evening only to wake this morning and get on my knees again. I know that Eamon is in good hands (those hands being the Father in Heaven and the parents that God chose for him). I can't imagine what your heart is going through, but please know that we hold you and David up to Jesus and you are well protected as well. Please know you are loved beyond words and people all of the country are praying for your family. But more than that, the God who placed the stars in the sky and knows each one by name, knows the details of your every single need and He does not sit idle - He is right beside you giving you wisdom and peace! Continue to trust him Tracy - and know I love you too!

ginny said...

Uncle Joe and I have you all in our thoughts and prayers today. We will continue to do so all day today. Eamon will be in good hands (I KNOW God is with our little boy!) We love you all !

Lisa said...

Good morning Barclay5. Well as far as we know God is letting the surgery go forward. I was led to read from the book, Streams in the Dessert; June 16. "Every prayer of the christian, made in faith, according to the will of God, for which God has promised, offered up in the name of Jesus Christ, and under the influence of the Spirit, whether for temporal or for the spiritual blessings, is, or will be fully answered. God always answers the general design and intention of His people's prayers, in doing that which, all things considered, is most for HIS OWN GLORY and their spiritual and eternal welfare." So now let us all lye still in the fullness of His grace, to once again be a witness, to but yet another miracle in "our little man". We love you all very much! The bushman Family