Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Questions...


Today, I took Eamon and Myles along with me to Maeve's dance class. They usually spend that time with MiMi. However, today they were with me. A first for Eamon. I was excited to introduce him to the other dance moms while we waited. But, I was surprised by their reaction. No one came over to meet my boy, they all awkwardly carried on with the usual banter. Just quick peeks at him.

When the girls came out, Maeve was thrilled to show off her little brother. The kids were just as excited, and curious. What are all those wires for? Do they hurt? Why does he need extra air? What's wrong with him? Can I touch him? I found myself so at ease talking with these young friends about Eamon. It seemed natural that there would be questions. And I was delighted to share with them our new brand of normal.

Kids are great for getting to the heart of the matter. So I thought it might be helpful to open the floor for questions. I want people to talk to, touch, and enjoy Eamon. Fear paralyzes, Truth brings freedom. So ask away...


And the Gifts keep coming (see previous post):
11. Children who don't know to be afraid to ask the hard questions.
12. Little boy compliments - "Mommy you look beautiful today."
13. No oxygen, and still above 95 on the monitor!
14. A husband who camps in the yard with his kids -tent, flashlights, smores...and, me with the bed to myself!
15. My man by may side the following night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank God for the following night, huh???? LOL!!! I bet you were scared all alone in the house even though David was only in the backyard - am I right??? hee hee...

ginny said...

Tracy - your words are inspiring! Just the song makes me cry, but then again, a good candy bar makes me cry! Thanks for sharing your faith, courage and inspiration with the world!

Superhero Mom said...

Fear paralyzes, truth brings freedom! AMEN! I love that! I love kids too Tracy - I love their honest desire for truth! I love you and he is so stinking beautiful! I wish I could be closer to give hugs and kisses!