Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Country Club Living

We have a new address - 4th floor in the Tower. Eamon was moved out of ICU last night into what we believe is luxury living. Our own room, our own bathroom (oh, the joy!), movies on demand, a desk for me to do some work (on what, I don't know) and my very own leather couch that opens to a full size bed!!! Not a chair, a bed! We both slept some last night!

This morning, the surgical team removed Eamon's NG tube, which went from his nose to stomach for drainage, and removed some bandages. He has 5 small incisions on his belly. They are allowing his stomach to vent any remaining gas through his g-tube button, the spot on his belly where a feeding tube connects, until about 4pm. Then, they will allow some pedialite to run continuously, delivering small amounts of fluid, for a few hours. If he tolerates this well, they will begin, very slowly, to introduce formula.

Eamon is not as restless today and, if I do say so myself, is lookin' good! His oxygen requirement is down to .5/.25 liters (amount he is normally on at home) and his numbers are great! He still needs to work at clearing his secretions - pray for a strong cough.

We went for a ride in a wheelchair today for x-rays. Eamon needed a full skeletal survey, which means his entire body, for diagnostic reasons. No matter where in the hospital we seem to roam, Eamon makes a friend with his delightful presence, pleasant disposition, and irresistible charm.

Everyone at home is well. Maeve is at an end-of-the-year party, thanks to her Auntie, and Prince number 1 is napping. Mimi is watching over Eamon, David is working, and I am doing a couple of mom-things at home.

I hope to have news of a departure date soon! I can't wait to have all my family under one roof!
Thanks for praying. It is not in vain, but accomplishing much in my baby's body and in our spirit!!

5 comments:

ginny said...

Tracy - Congrats on the new digs!
At least you'll be more comfortable, but let's hope our boy comes home real soon ! Prayers continue to pour out for Eamon and you and David. It's awesome what God is doing ! We love you !

Superhero Mom said...

I love how the Lord loves to lavish us with His love! Of course you are living in luxury. All you guys have been through, it seems totally like our Abba Father to bless you with comfort! I imagine Heaven will feel the same (even better)! He just loves to bless more than we expect and I love that! I am glad to hear all of the wonderful news and you know the Engels love you all so much! Thank you for the updates!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad hospitals have finally realized that nicer facilities/accommodations make for happier patients, quicker recoveries and all around joy! In the mean time, I'm glad God has given you grace, peace and the opportunities to minister to those around you. You are always an encouragement!
Pastor Chad

grandma carole said...

God bless Eamon

colleen said...

ah..the lap of luxury =)