Friday, September 26, 2008

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree!

I have been chattin' it up alot about Eamon this week. So on a lighter note, let's talk about the other two children, who are notable as well.

Maeve was invited to an American Girl Doll Birthday Tea. How fun, right! The girls traveled into the city for the festivities. My daughter thought the party included the shopping. So money was sent along with a short, relatively speaking, wish list. To my delight, Maeve wanted a hair salon chair, and the most adorable doll-sized hair accessories for styling. Just as a reminder, I obsessively comb hair. I have a bow collection. I like to thumb through hair style magazines. But I digress.


I thought the good times would be concentrated on Julie, the doll. I had visions of Maeve and I brushing, curling, and twisting away! So imagine my surprise when Myles appeared in the kitchen with a treat cupped in his hand. I won't make you guess - it was a wad of Maeve's hair! No, no Myles did not do the cutting - it was my budding hair dresser, Maeve!


Maeve! She is six and certainly past that experimental stage, right? The hair had been hidden under the ottoman, but to her credit she came clean explaining the scene. I guess the evidence in Myles hand was hard to overcome. All this from my little rock star, who looks in the mirror and claims, "I just don't see a rock star, mom, they have long hair!" So why the cut, sweet girl? She thought a bit of layering might jazz things up a bit, I guess. You know these rock stars!


Anyway, tonight as I was grabbing a book off the bottom shelf I found more of the evidence! She giggled - caught again.












Just look at this stuff. It even makes me want to experiment. Hey, Eamon is looking like he could use a trim!

Snip -Snip!

4 comments:

ginny said...

Sometimes the little doesn't grow out of the girls ! I had Laurie's American Girl Dolls, Samantha and her Laurie look a like doll out ,I was in the process of cleaning some stuff stored in the attic when Laurie came home from school for a few days. She was thrilled to see Samantha and Bitty Baby and "Laurie" sitting on her bed. She immediately went thru all the clothes, changed their outfits and when Paul showed up , made him play dolls with her too! I 'm sure he was as thrilled as Laurie.
Anyway, it did a mother's heart good to see my "woman-child" go back,even for a short time, to a simpler time in her life. She had been home for a funeral of one of her best friends from WM and then he went to Centenary College with her. The dolls were there at such a time that she needed to remember life before you're an adult and have to go thru more serious things. So play away Maeve and enjoy every minute of it ! You too Tracy (I have to admit I did change their outfits when I first took them out of the attic.) Don't we all wish we could be little girls again sometimes???

Lisa said...

We are so excited that you have chosen to place "our little prince" in a place where he can grow and interact with other children. This is Eamon's HARVARD! (for now). God provides us with so many blessings and this is one of them. I know it can't be easy to leave him, even for a short period of time, but you will see the blessings that will come out of it, not only for Eamon but for both you and David. There is a purpose and time for everything.

Momma-of-5 said...

And here you were glad Maeve didn't ride the bus! =)

I need a picture of Maeve's new "do"!

Zoe's bugging me to schedule an "American Girl Doll Playdate".

What days are good for Miss Maeve? I promise I'll make them do their homework first!

Superhero Mom said...

This brought back memories for me too. I cut my hair once and my cousins hair too. I am pretty sure I was in 2nd or maybe even 5th grade. What fun. Please post a picture - if you took one. I never had a doll growing up (you know my "growing up" story), so I just adore these American Girl Dolls (also very thankful I have boys because superheros are so much cheaper!) Believe it or not, we do have a doll house with all the furniture, family and even twins. My Shane absolutly loves practicing being a Daddy! Glad to see fun is abounding in the Barclay house too!