Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Eamon Update

Our boy is working his way back. He smiled today. And started laughing during his last nebulizer treatment!

We saw the pulmonologist Monday morning. The chest x-ray was clear, except for a notation of an enlarged heart - a new prayer request. I am in touch with Eamon's cardiologist. Incidentally, Eamon was discharged from his care less than two weeks ago with a bill of good cardiac health.

So, back to the cold at hand - Eamon has had quite a difficult few days but I think the worst was seen last night. We seem to have made a turn, and as I write he is at 3/4 of a liter (down from 2 L) and resting peacefully. A sight for our eyes!

Grandma watched over Eamon this morning so I could go to my bible study. I find it amazing how the Psalm we were focusing on could be so appropriate for Eamon and I, while also speaking to the vast needs represented by the other ladies.

Psalm 121

I lift up my eyes to the hills -
where does my help come from?

My help comes from the Lord,
the maker of heaven and earth (and of Eamon!)

He will not let your foot slip -
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord watches over you -
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all harm -
he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

Thank you, Lord, for answering our corporate prayer for Eamon. Thank you that your word is living and active, never returning void but accomplishing much!

And, thank you for praying for Eamon. We are humbled by all the love lavished on our sweet prince.

2 comments:

ginny said...

Glad to hear the little guy is resting more comfortably ! We were a little worried about him - he is ALWAYS in our prayers constantly and consistantly as well as you and David. Keep us posted ! We love you !

Superhero Mom said...

Thank you for the update. This Psalm is very timely for me here in FL too. I will share with my boys the news of Eamon (my little boys expect BIG miracles as they pray). I am learning to expect the same thing.