Thursday, October 2, 2008

School Days


Great t-shirt, right! Eamon's godmother, Aunt Lisa, sent it over to celebrate Eamon's start of school. The road to Harvard may be long, but Eamon is ready to take off.


Shortly after Eamon was born, the neurologist said anything is possible, a full scholarship to Harvard wouldn't surprise him, nor us! So the shirt, along with the image of the lion, remind us that God is not finished with our guy. "See, I am about to do something...that will make the ears of everyone who hears it tingle." (1 Samuel 3:11).

School starts Tuesday. The Mister is now the Scholar! Eamon is ready, I'm working on it. The class is only Tues./Thurs. from 12:30 - 2:30. I will shimmy my way in to observe, offer a hand, what some might call spy, the first day.


The Children's Therapy Center is really a remarkable place. We are blessed. I appreciate an atmosphere that says everyone has a voice and is welcome. They, the therapists, teachers, aids, see Eamon, not just wires and equipment. My son is not defined by his exterior, which happens to be darling. "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." ( Samuel 16:7) Eamon's heart, his spirit or inner man, is whole and well and clearly recognizable to God, and to all of us who love him.


With school in session, I will have some special time to spend with my 4 year old prince, Myles. And just in time. Driving home this week Myles began to lay out his list of priorities and devotion.
"Mom, God is first, then cars."
"Oh, really Myles, and where does Mommy fall on this list?"
"After the cars."


I have my work cut out for me.







I think Eamon is singing Harvard's school song! Sing on, sweet boy. Anything is possible for those who believe!






3 comments:

ginny said...

Eamon - you look awesome in your Harvard shirt ! Have a great time in school, buddy ! We know great things are to come for you and this is just the beginning. Tracy, good luck to you also , I know it will be hard leaving him for the first time, but it sounds like he will be in great hands. and Myles.... if God is first, then cars, then mom... where does Uncle Joe and Aunt Gin fit in??? Love you all lots ! Get better David !!! We're praying for you too this week !

Lisa said...

so,so,so cute is our little prince, LOVE the BELLY! The Bushman clan sends their LOVE! (Sorry to dissapoint you Aunt Gin and Uncle Joe but I think Emma has you beat on Mr. Myles list!)
xoxoxoxo

Superhero Mom said...

Sweet post! We'll be praying for you on the first day of school! (We'll pray for Eamon too, but I have a feeling he's going to be just great!) Love you!