Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Those Lazy Days of Summer

"Great session today", the first sentence on Eamon's therapy report. He spent most of the day off oxygen and has been in a charming mood! Lots of smiles and even some chatting. He is such sweet company. I will be meeting with a host of Eamon's Drs over the next three weeks. There are still some details concerning his feeding schedule to be worked out. We are planning on taking Eamon across several state borders next month, and I want to be sure all his ducks are in order!

Our summer schedule has been anything but relaxing and refreshing. Trying to juggle 3 different itineraries has been quite a challenge. Myles recently reminded me that I am falling short when he said, "You keep saying 'after'. After this we can read, or after that we can go." Ah, the guilty sting. Truth is my children require so little - just some love and "cozy time" (Myles calls our afternoons reading and cuddling together). I will be sure to schedule some in for tomorrow!


Gifts that keep piling up! (continued from previous post)

71. Little boy truth spoken - thanks for keeping me on track Prince #1!

72. Cozy time - really, could life be any sweeter than snuggling with your children while reading.

73. Eamon doing his thing - that smile is addicting!

74. Healthy bodies that can enjoy lots of summer activity.

75. Maeve catching fireflies tonight.

76. Clean windows - those wonderful men came today. And now, my windows sparkle - really!

77. Maeve is clearly my child. She wanted to stay home from camp this morning to watch said men clean our windows! I love that girl!

78. Tiger Lilies that flood our yard.

79. Forget lemonade stands, my girl set up a Sea Shell Sale Stand -try saying that 5 times!
Which yielded an $8 profit that she used to treat the family to Van Dykes' homemade ice cream!

80. Magazines - I get such a sense of accomplishment because I can actually finish what I started reading.

No comments: