Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Eamon Update




Tentatively, Eamon is scheduled for surgery June 16th. There is some coordination of surgeons still in the works. The surgery is a fundoplication. The idea is to wrap the upper portion of Eamon's stomach (the fundus) around his esophagus creating a stronger valve. This would
prevent anything from coming back up from the stomach thus protecting Eamon's lungs. He is at risk of aspirating (fluid swallowed into the lungs) which causes respiratory distress and lung damage. While under anesthesia, a muscle biopsy is to be done. The Drs are looking for an underlying diagnosis.

As with any surgery, the anesthesia is cause for concern. Due to Eamon's unstable respiratory status, he is at greater risk. The surgery should take about 3 hours. Our hope is that the surgery will be done laparoscopicly; however, the Dr won't know for sure if it is possible until he starts. Eamon has a g-tube in his stomach for his feedings. If it is in the way, they will need to cut.

Thank you for your prayers and support. God has certainly given us the grace for each day, and we know He will continue.

The specific areas to pray for are:

  • Eamon to be healed!

  • The surgeon's skill in wrapping Eamon's stomach- not too loose or tight!

  • That the surgery will be done laparoscopicly -healing will be faster.

  • The anesthesia team will know the perfect time to extabate Eamon.

  • Eamon will recover quickly and be stronger than before.

  • The details of a hospital stay.

  • Maeve and Myles will not miss a beat.

  • Peace for this Mommy and Daddy

Often when I pray for Eamon, I speak scripture verses because those promises are the only truth we acknowledge. "For I know the plans I have for you (Eamon), declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."





And the Gift List continues (see previous post):


6. Eamon, who only brings joy!

7. People who pray

8. God's intervention using medicine and Drs - miraculous!

9. My dishwasher, happily cleaning the day's mess.

10. Getting into my warm bed after a long day.

2 comments:

Superhero Mom said...

I know I am without computer now, so my comments may come slowly. Please know that I forwarded Eamon's prayer needs to my church. We are all a bunch of prayer warriors and many remember him from when you were pregnant. I love that you remember to pray for healing. Sometimes when we are in the midst of the overwhelming circumstances it is easy to remember to pray for the obstacles and asking the Lord to help our child overcome those daily obstacles, because it is those very obstacles that stare us in the face every day. The Lord reminded me 2 years ago to continue to pray for Kyle's healing as well as his day to day issues! I needed to do that because it helped increase my own faith day to day! I love you Tracy!

Momma-of-5 said...

I love the gifts list. I might just need to start one of my own!

Thank you for the update. We pray for "Amen" at LEAST once a week in Zoe's prayer time. She loves Maeve, and thus, loves her little brother. Even though it doesn't quite compute for her or Ty, it is a great reminder to me that God's a might God that needs our praise and loves our prayers.

Love you,
me