Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Son

A friend's thoughts reminded me of a poem given to me after Eamon was born.


Just think,

your son is not here by chance,

but by God's choosing.

His hand formed him and

made him the person he is.

God compares him to no one else-

he is one of a kind.

Your son will lack nothing

that God's grace can't give him.

God has allowed your son to be here

at this time in history

to fulfill His special purpose

for this generation.


Roy Lessin


Another Dr. appointment today. Eamon seems to stump them all! I find peace knowing that although "man" is confounded by our son, and a diagnosis is not forthcoming; God knows him intimately. He knit him together in my womb. Eamon is fearfully and wonderfully made with a hope and a future secured by his creator. I've heard it said that perfection consists in doing His will, in being what He wills us to be. Eamon is God's display of perfection!



2 comments:

Momma-of-5 said...

Trace-Sorry I never called back. It got crazy here. Looks like you figured it out. I LOVE the poem. You're a natural blogger.

Superhero Mom said...

He is fearfully and wonderfully made just perfectly! I loved that poem and I love you! I love too, how God has a special design and purpose for our children that will, I'm sure, amaze us for many years to come!