Monday, November 10, 2008

How Great is Our God

Yesterday, our church had a media presentation of Lou Giglio's How Great is Our God. It was an incredible display of the Heavens - stars bigger than words can explain being compared to the almost insignificant size of planet earth, and ultimately to the two cells that come together to form each precious person. To hear and see the magnitude of God's greatness, the display of his glory in the sky, and the intricate, coded details of our bodies certainly would convince anyone of His existence. One may still wrestle in our humanity to comprehend the indescribable of the Divine, but you could not rationally deny Him. David and I, along with the whole of the body at church were awe struck, humbled and ecstatic with the absolute wonder and enormity of our God. He has a plan.

And as awesome as God is, He is still intimately aware of us. Our needs, struggles, the places where we lack. Our comparative insignificance but to Him, we are marked in His image, beautiful and so loved.


He has a plan. And so, Eamon was perfectly created for a high purpose and to the Glory of his creator. I can hardly wait to see the unfolding, the majestic display.

"We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and shield. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name."




2 comments:

Superhero Mom said...

I love how such a big awesome God is so very very personal!

OK....so I'm so excited! I don't think a one day visit is going to cut it! It is too emotional to see you for a few hours and then that is it! I cried like a baby the last time I saw Carole and Lisa. I'm thrilled beyond words that you'll be coming. I know I won't be able to buy disney tickets, but I will be sure to bring the whole gang to meet up with you somewhere! I love you so much and this is more exciting that Christmas! I feel like a little kid right now! Yippee!! OH however, now that I think about it I can get in for free on my birthday - March 24th! OH WOW! OK I just need to calm down and go write my blog now! hugs and kisses to you and you whole Barclay Bunch!

ginny said...

I checked out the video - AWESOME !
Even passed on the info to a few friends ! Makes you realize HOW BIG GOD REALLY IS !!! WOW!
Thanks for sharing that - love to all.