Saturday, February 21, 2009

You're My Sunday


Today is David's birthday. I rarely use this space to highlight my husband, but wanted to celebrate the many, 42 to be exact, reasons David is a Man to Love. And, I do love him, yesterday, today, and for always.

I made a list last year, which I promised to continue, counting all there is to admire about David. How easy it was to rattle them down, spillling with thoughts and reminders. What a gift to us both, love renewed, because I chose to name reasons one by one.

1. First on my updated and slightly tweaked list, David is my Sunday. What do Sundays represent? Peace, comfort, a day of rest from all that troubles, swirls, and consumes through-out the week. The song that is playing, dedicated to my David today, sings, "when life is like a hurricane...you come and take it all away, you're my Sunday."

2. He talks me off my ledges, and points me to a better walk..."You have a way of taking the noise and drowning it out..."

3. Offers perspective ..."You found the key that always brings me home..."

4. Amazing Dad

5. Mindful of me

6. Makes "Famous Pancakes", finer than any B&B!

7. He's a race car driver, at least on our T.V.

8. Health conscious

9. Romantic

10. Cleans the bathrooms - need I say more, really!

11. Food Shops

12. Prefers to be with us

13. Aging so well, love those "flecks"

14. A great kisser, great.

15. Always has a song in his heart

16. Creative

17. What a wrist, yes I love that wrist.

18. Tuft of hair that pokes out of shirt

19. Big Boys do cry

20. Knows stuff

21. Is our "Mr. Fix-it"

22. Keeper of all animals.

23. Strength of character

24. Strong arms to carry our children, and me, if needed

25. He's an example of Godliness with Contentment - what Great Gain!

26. Laughs, really laughs, at commercials

27. Thinks I'm his best friend, and I know he is mine!

28. Accepts people as they are

29. Would make a great stay-at-home-dad, but provides the means to allow me the privilege

30. Believes: Love is an Action

31. Loves his mother

32. Our very own storm chaser

33. Tries to keep me politically savvy - no small feat

34. Enjoys movie night

35. Still wants to have date night.

36. Is movable with a good presentation of your opinion

37. Looks great in his jeans! (f&b)

38. Demands respect

39. Follower of Jesus

40. Makes us all feel safe

41 Did I mention he gives massages, too

42 Loves without condition - what a Gift!

And one for good measure...David makes the best shakes, enjoying one now as a matter of fact!

Happy Birthday, David,
The Best is Yet to Be!
*********************************************************

The story below has been re posted to give context to our new look here. Still a bit of work to do, but I think Danielle has done a great job! Welcome to the new and improved - Just Another Ordinary Miracle Today - yeah!

5 comments:

ginny said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID !! Yes,I am certain my brother is ALL THESE THINGS for you ! I am so proud of my "little brother" David. He has grown up to be such a wonderful man and father and a true man of God. He is an inspiration to all of us ! We love you, Dave ! Have a wonderful birthday !!

Momma-of-5 said...

Happy Birthday, Cousin! =)
Tracy - I LOVE the new blog look. I just wrote her and asked for help, myself!

Jen said...

Hi my name is Jen. I found your blog from Danilelle's blog. Love the new look by the way!! I just read several of your posts and I just wanted you to know your story has really touched me. I've had tears in my eyes as I've read!!

You really need to continue your flash back posts!! I can't wait to read more of your story!!

I am a special education teacher so children with special needs hold a very special place in my heart!!

Thanks for sharing your journey!!

Jen

Jen said...

Oh and Happy Birthday David!!

Superhero Mom said...

Just got back from my retreat. Happy one-day-late birthday David! What a beautiful job on your web page. Loved this post! Love you...can't wait to see you...counting down the days.