Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fall Fun

Day 2 of school for Eamon was put on hold due another cold. Eamon seems to be better so hopefully tomorrow he will attend, and I will bring a charged camera!

So instead of school fun I will share some Fall fun.




Soccer is Fall. Now, this is fun. However, Tracy as the coach - not so fun. Technically, I am an assistant, but the head coach has missed the last two weeks. So needless to say, I have been promoted.
Pumpkins and apple picking! Totally fun. But what do you do with 60 pounds of apples? Especially, when you are not proficient in the kitchen. I'll tell you - decorate. A huge bowl of shiny red apples - the picture of Fall.


This is how Myles made his way through the orchard. "Look, Mom, at this one!" Crunch.
As class mom for Maeve, I was able to chaperon the field trip to a farm.
Maeve and her cousin, Zoe ( there is simply a drop of blood shared between them, but they believe they are as close as sisters) on a hayride.
We were able to milk a cow. Notice which Barclay is touching the "teet", even that word gives me the chills, but serious good times!
And, what Fall season would be complete without Mrs. Mueller's Oktoberfest!
Any excuse for dumplings in gravy.
I just love when the cousins are together. Pumpkin decorating at its best.

2 comments:

colleen said...

hey! cute pics!!! love you all

aunt colleen

Superhero Mom said...

I miss NJ fall!! We went hiking last week - pictures soon I promise -- well needless to say, it was HOT! We went pumpkin picking too....you would laugh...the pumpkin patch, well I'm not really sure that is the appropriate word for it, just makes a northerner cringe! We do the best to adjust and pretend it is fall, but I do miss apple picking and real pumpkin picking, but I will tell you this....I can make the best applesauce in the world (claim my children) so if your interested let me know! It is so simple you'll never want to buy a jar again! Love you! Love the pictures!