Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Inked



The view of our mudroom the night before school. Note Eamon's book bag, Superman, how appropriate. Myles gave it to Eamon for his first day!



My gift, some ink, well at least on his shirt. I wanted everyone at the school to know how precious this little student was to his Mama, and I thought I would remind Eamon where his allegiance lies. (Clearly, Myles could benefit from such a shirt. He continues to vacillate between cars and Mommy for second place).

But even better than my feeble attempt to lay claim of Eamon is God's Ink: "See, I have engraved you, sweet Eamon, in the palm of my hand." Christ's body is marked with love and utter awareness of Eamon. So why should I worry.



School went well. Some tweaking needs to be made for Eamon's seating, but his Kid Kart should be here within a week. He enjoyed the attention, only one other child in his class today, so attention our boy did receive! His favorites - hanging out in the tire swing, yes a tire swing. And, rolling and bouncing atop a huge therapy ball. He smiled, laughed and simply charmed his way into their hearts! Thursday is a holiday so we won't see Miss Darlene until Tuesday. And, maybe I will have a charged camera by then. No, I did not learn my charging lesson from vacation. Have patience with me.


This would be the first and only picture from school today.
The battery died just before we walked into the building, perfect timing!

6 comments:

ginny said...

Congratulations on your first day Eamon! We were so happy to hear you had a fun and fabulous time! This is only the beginning of great things to come for you !We Love You !
Uncle Joe and Aunt Gin

Lisa said...

REALITY CHECK: Our little prince is growing up!
It brings great JOY to our hearts to know that our Eamon is enjoying LIFE! To hear a laugh or to see a smile is PRICELESS! We are so proud of you!
"LIFE IS GOOD" xoxoxoxoxo

colleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
colleen said...

It has been a long time since I have commented but I finally learned how to use my google account again...and just in time to say how very PROUD I am of Eamon!! I cannot believe that the little prince is going to school...sigh...and how apropriate that his big brother gave him his Superman backpack to us on his first day. This is such a great opportunity for Eamon..again I am soo happy for him and PROUD!!! Well I better run because I may cry all over my keyboard at work!! Can't wait to hear about day number 2!!! love you all..aunt colleen

EL Jefe said...

ahhh...INK...uncle Jeff's influence is BACK! glad to read Eamon is attending the Center; I know they do wonderful work there. We'll probably stop over unannounced soon. (well semi-unannounced since i kind of gave it away, but who knows - could be today could be Sunday - you'll just have to wait and see while you relish in anticipation of the Saals)

Superhero Mom said...

So congratulations. I can't imagine what it must have been like for Eamon's Mommy. How did you hold up? What did you do this week? I am so glad things went smoothly. Praying for you guys! Love you too!