Thursday, April 2, 2009

Seeing is Believing!

Maeve told her teacher that she has seen a miracle. Mrs. Slootmaker responded with, "Oh really, what was it?" Maeve was quick to offer her answer, "My brother, Eamon, is a miracle!"

Maeve's observation is true, Eamon, against all odds continues to fight the good fight. He had a tremendous day. Having resumed in home therapies, Eamon boarded his scooter this morning anxious to get moving. His little leggers kept kicking Miss Ellen, prompting her to take action - scooter races! Well not an official race, but he certainly exceeded his last high speed and distance. A miracle. Eamon usually takes many weeks/months to recuperate after any illness, literally not returning his strength for some time.

Eamon is still on room air, no oxygen support, day or night. Since December 2007, the prince has required some degree of supplemental O2, everyday. But, now, He is flying solo and his numbers have NEVER looked so good! A miracle, surely!

And the miracle that I see on a daily basis - grace. Grace covering Maeve, Myles and Eamon . Grace custom fit for David and I. Grace given freely. Grace, more than sufficient.

All Miracles for us to see.

5 comments:

Superhero Mom said...

The other day Shane & I were preparing our calendars for the month of April. He has a calendar that has a picture of children from different countries each month. This month was Italy (my personal fav!), but it was a picture of a boy and a girl in a gondola. He colored away and then he explained..."This is me and Maeve...she has like my color hair right Mom?...doesn't this remind you of Small World ride Mom?" It blesses me so much that our children finally got a chance to see each other face to face. I can't wait till they get to meet Eamon! I am so proud of your children Tracy...they are somewhat privileged that they can recognize the hand of God at such a young age...really that is a gift. May they carry that with them always and continue to grow with the expectation and joy of seeing miracles all around them! Reading your blog was a great way to start my morning! Thanks for praying for my tests today. I will keep you posted!

Jen said...

I see you got your button!! Yay!! I am going to put it up on my blog right now!!

Glad to hear Eamon is doing well!! Yes he really is a miracle!!

Scrapronicity said...

You certainly made a believer out of me!
Sending you love as always...XOXO

Jodi:)

Momma-of-5 said...

I can TOTALLY hear Maeve say that to Mrs. Slootmaker! He IS a miracle. And I'm blessed to witness his life. Thank you for sharing, Tracy!

So glad life at home is working out.

P.S. Thanks for the new button to decorate my blog! =)

Superhero Mom said...

Yea!!! I just figured out what a button was! duh! I'm so excited! His beautiful Irish face is on my site now!