Monday, April 20, 2009

And a Little Child Will Lead Them...

Last Thursday Eamon had a follow-up appointment with his pulmonologist. This necessitated our leaving the house, no small feat lately. One nurse, one mom, one prince, a rolling piece of luggage - aka, new diaper bag, suction machine, pulse oximeter, oxygen (just in case), kid cart seat and stroller base - whew! We were quite a scene in front of the building now trying to upload our gear. I was struggling with
the seat/stroller when an observer offered his assistance. I accepted, rather unlike me. Success was found, and off we went to the elevator. Again, the good samaritans stepped aside, holding the door and allowing us to use the elevator first. That's when it hit me, Eamon brings out the best in people.

After "Ears for Eamon", a group from WaltsBasement.com started to send gifts so Eamon could enjoy Disney at home. Packages from around the U.S. and Canada keep appearing filled with pixie dust and goodies from total strangers. People touched by Eamon, and inspired to do good for another.


Another pair of Ears - personalized to boot!



Mickey, in various shapes and sizes, trached-out for my boy.


Today's box - overflowing with love.


My incredibly talented friend and founder of "Ears", Miss Jodi, created this amazing compilation of pictures, quotes, and comments left on Facebook. Words meant to encourage, heartfelt prayers lifted on our behalf, and strength evident in numbers joined with one purpose - to believe for Eamon.



A sweet friend of my sister, Jenny, is getting married this coming Saturday. She and her future husband, Ryan, have decided in lieu of favors to make a donation in Eamon's name to Mary's Fund. A fund which supports many local special needs children, Eamon being a grateful recipient.

While shopping in Vera Bradley for some Easter gifts, I spotted a rolling piece of luggage. I thought it might work for Eamon's supplies while still being a bit stylish. The price tag was too steep, so I reported the bag was not even for travel but for my son's medical supplies. With just a bit of Q and A, the saleswoman suggested I call her privately so I could utilize her generous discount (50%). Instant friendship rooted in wanting the best for the prince.

Another friend and her husband pray for Eamon daily. He was already interested in medical "stuff", but after exploring trachs and their care has decided to make a career change, going back to school for respiratory therapy.

Little-ones and older-ones lowering their heads to intercede. Food prepared, coffee sent, help in various forms offered, perspectives altered, and choices impacted because Eamon lets "his light shine before men, that they may see ... and praise God".

There is no greater reward than knowing Eamon's life has influence and impacts, for good, the world around him.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have just found this wonderful blog and I just want to say I am truly inspired by the story of your son, what a little fighter.

I have bookmarked and will visit again to hear more about him.

Caroline

Unknown said...

Tracy,

Your perseverance and strength is so inspiring.

We are so excited to make a donation to something so near and dear, and we know it’s going to a great cause.

Jenny

grandma carole said...

Ever since the day Eamon was born, I knew in my heart that he would be a WORLD changer----and that he is!!!!! I am so proud and blessed to be his grandmother. His little smile not only lights up my life, but lights up the whole world around him. Thank you Jesus for our little Prince.

Superhero Mom said...

Incredible. I love the fact that we do not know the mind of God. How could any of us ever know the majesty and glory He has in store for his children...really, even guessing and dreaming would not do the Lord justice! Praise God for blessings so many with your little Prince! Love you my sweet sister!

Lisa said...

We knew the day "our little Mister" arrived there was a purpose and plan for his life. It is amazing to sit back and watch all of "the flowers" blooming....how so many have come from but a little seed and are blossoming into such beauty before our own eyes. God has touched the lives of so many people through Eamon....may he continue to shine! Love you all!XOXO

Scrapronicity said...

...and you're not so bad yourself. :)

Another tear jerker my friend....I love this post.

XOXO

Unknown said...

Hi there, this is Echo. I'm so glad to hear that the box arrived safetly! It's times like these that I am so grateful that I work at Disneyland, as I was able to get Eamon's ears personalised for him. I do hope the items inside the box, while just trinkets, were received with all the love and blessings in the world.
All my love,
~Echo