Sunday, December 14, 2008

One Size Does Not Fit All

I tried to squeeze my post-Thanksgiving/pre-Christmas bloated hands into adorable pink gloves that claimed to be a fit for all. Note the word squeezed. The gloves did not fit. Rarely can one-size-fit-all.

Last week, I had a surprise visit from a friend I haven't seen in apparently 3 years. She wanted to know all about Eamon, an abridged report of all we have experienced in the Prince's 22+ months. The sprint down memory lane forced me to retell the story and be reminded, again, that clearly God knows that one-size is not the right fit. His grace, which incidentally is the theme of our Eamon adventure, is customized. Perfectly molded for each circumstance and new each day. It never loses staying power. It is completely divine. A miracle.

So many are hurting. Cancer looms, death knocks, sickness robs, betrayal stings, finances scare. Sincere pray waiting to be answered. And yet, it is. Grace. Allowing human hearts to rise above what would otherwise destroy. Hearts able to be at peace and experience joy in its simplest, most profound form. That is Grace. Strength that defies - Grace. Vision that can see "plan B" might just be the real plan. Being in the eye of the storm - Grace.

So when asked, "How do you do it - be Eamon's mom?" The answer is I don't, it is all Grace. I couldn't read an other's script. This grace is customized for my "broken road".

Customized-Grace, my number 149!

1 comment:

Superhero Mom said...

It is so wonderful to hear from you Tracy Catherine. I love this post on Grace. I too have walked in Grace (actually I'm still walking in it) for most of this past year. Truly His grace is amazing!