Sunday, December 6, 2009

Season for Gratitude...

I left off with my Gift List in December of '08, surely there are things to be thankful for in '09!



I had the joy of attending a lovely Christmas tea this past Friday evening -candlelight, twinkling trees, poinsettias, beautifully appointed tables, and lots of yummy desserts! The speaker challenged the group to spend the next four weeks keeping a gratitude-type journal, promising a great reward in attitude, perspective, even energy level. I had been planning to revisit my ongoing list, and I just so happen to be awake with the prince (no nurse tonight). So, no better time to keep track of the sweet blessings that bombard my day than 4:15 in the morning, well actually...I could think of a better time!

#150...yes, I had forgotten where I left off...
Eamon, keeping me awake tonight. This time last weekend, the prince was in the hospital with H1N1, but tonight he sleeps - intermittently, at home! He did an amazing job fighting the flu. The Drs were impressed with his strength, and believed it safer to discharge him after 24 hours to our care, not wanting him to pick-up a secondary infection in the PICU.

#151
An unexpected date with Maeve to see a Holiday show. Her dance school performed excerpts from the Nutcracker, some Hanukkah songs, and a dance set to The Night Before Christmas. She left inspired to audition next year for a part, I left with a deposit of Christmas spirit!

#152
My newest niece, Grace Marie Rogers. My big brother's 4th girl! I can't wait to meet her - planning to be an unapologetic baby-hog.

#153
The excitement, each morning, as M&M search for the latest location of our Elf on the Shelf. Their scramble to open the Advent box door to discover the day's treat. And, the understanding they already exhibit of the true meaning of Christmas!

#154
The flood of Christmas cards...brimming with news of the past year, and with pictures of those we love.

#155
Peppermint bark, cookies, and seasonal flavors at Starbucks!

5 comments:

Momma-of-5 said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Pepermint Bark! Yum! I haven't indulged myself yet. But Starbuck's...absolutely!

I've missed the list. Glad it's back. Glad you could go out Friday night for a night with women.

Enjoy the rest today (I hope you get some).

Superhero Mom said...

So good to hear from you. I too have been absent from blog world as of late. Yet we know that absent from writing could very well mean present with those we write about! Regardless, I love you dearly and am thankful for technology which keeps our hearts close!

Superhero Mom said...

So good to hear from you. I too have been absent from blog world as of late. Yet we know that absent from writing could very well mean present with those we write about! Regardless, I love you dearly and am thankful for technology which keeps our hearts close!

colleen said...

so happy your wish list is back!! keep it going....xoxoxo

ginny said...

I don't have a gratitude list (yet anyway... hummmm... maybe I should start one. But I AM GRATEFUL FOR YOU ALL ! You, David, the M&M's and especially our boy Eamon ! We love you all dearly and happy you are enjoying the Christmas season and all the love it brings !